Monday, August 25, 2008

Vision Quest

There's just times where a girl has to do what a girl has to do.

I'm hearing all about the human kids, going back to work and moving and blah, blah, blah. Well, I'm still here. And there's something missing. Something I feel like I have to do or be. So I pawed around the 'net, checking things out, trying to find answers to that great mystery of Siberian life............ who I am and what I'm supposed to do now that the human kids are gone? There has to be more to it than chasing Bandit off the best part of the sofa.

I've been doing some research on Alaska. You know, checking out the snowfall, looking at pictures, trying to decide if one more Siberian would fit. As part of that research, I read some details on the Inuit people of Canada and Alaska. (I know. Wikipedia. Hey, this is not for little pups, it's for us adult dogs.) Did you know that it's common practice for the Inuit young adult to go on a personal quest to find out who they are and what they are meant to do? So I thought "Hey, I'm on that quest, and maybe I need to do this". So I've decided to go on a vision quest, to determine what I should do next.

Now, I know I should go alone. But, I don't want The Mom to worry about me, so I'm thinking she should go along. Not to mention, I believe that it's a long, long walk from here to Alaska and quite frankly, The Mom has the little card that says she's ok to drive and I do not. So, we're going to be preparing Big Red for the trip and making plans. Stay tuned for details!

5 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Befur woo go, please swing by Pawslyvania!

Nice new look to your blog!!

AND don't furget to visit the OTHER Dakota when woo get to Kansas!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Wow, you're going to Alaska? That will be so cool (literally)!!

Kat

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Wow, great new header - we wuv it!!! On your way to Alaska, cut across the middle of the country and make a pitstop in Overland Park. Did woo find some of that info in Mom's new book?


Woo, the OP Pack

Khady Lynn said...

Alaska???? You get to go to Alaska??? I am soooo jealous!!!! You must be sure to report in and tell us what it is like!!!

Holly

Kathryn and Ari said...

Sounds fantastic! Ari says she'd be delighted to join you if you need another set of beautiful blue eyes for your vision quest.