Thursday, April 20, 2006

The fur my friend is blowing in the wind...

For those that own a Sibe, it's that time of year again. Or still. It's time for the Sibes to blow their fur. How is it that my own little Sibe, my sweet little Dakota, has blown enough fur off to force me to rent a dumpster to haul it away. Sheesh. The dog only weighs in at 48 pounds, and I am now forced to consider the idea that 40 of those pounds is nothing but static filled, smelly, white fur.
I've even taken to using the shedding tool on the carpet.
Dakota of course, is none too keen on getting any regular grooming. She's far more interested in the rabbit living under the shed in HER YARD. Or the rabbit living in ANY YARD SHE CAN SEE, HEAR, SMELL, OR OTHERWISE. So, grooming has taken a back seat.
We should also discuss Bandit, Dakota's Labrador brother. Bandit is a honey, a very good boy who likes to be with his momma. This concern is a 24/7 thing for him, unless Casper walks by. Casper is Bandit's arch nemesis.
I've gotta learn how to scan in pics and post. You guys will love them.

2 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

My Human dumps the fluff over the fence so that the birds can have a nice soft nest.

IndyPindy said...

I love the title to this post, it made my mom laugh!

My mom said that she wants to save my fur to have something knitted out of it, like a blanket or something. She just has to find a place to store that much hair...