Thursday, March 15, 2007

Stupid human tricks, or how the biped landed on her ..........

Phew. It's been an eventful few weeks for me, not the least of which was playing nursemaid to The Mom, while she recovers from a sprained wrist.
She fell, and I almost had to jump the fence to come to her rescue!
It was many nights ago, that day where we had a nice fluffy snow here in the Catoctin Mountains. The Mom came home from that work place, put me and the Bandit outside, had a cup of that hot stuff she drinks and put her outside boots on. Well, I stayed outside to enjoy the snow, and Bandit came inside (he's, well, snow challenged), and The Mom went out front to move all the snow from one place to another. (Humans - what's up with that? Why do you move the snow? It's all over everything, and who cares if one spot is bigger than another? There's usually enough to share.) I was watching her do that, and all of the sudden, wham, she's laying on the ground! I started to whine, to make sure she was OK, then I figured that I needed to get over the fence and offer a quick diagnosis (where's Dr. Meepenstein when you need him?). Well, about that time, The Mom started to talk to me and let me know she was OK (embarrassed and wet) and that I should stay where I was.
Those humans.
She finally came in the house and let me in the back door. I rushed to her side, and made sure she was safe, then I pushed her down on to the bed and laid beside her to keep her warm. It must have worked, because outside of some bruises, all that happened is she had to wear a goofy looking thing on her hand and arm. Mind you, it's the hand and arm that do all the cooking and feeding, so this was cause for great concern.
She's better now, still wearing the goofy thing though.
I think the school thing has stopped. At least part of it did. I don't know what accounting is, but it sure causes the people in this house to use those word we're not supposed to use.
She's heading in to the kitchen now, I'd better go. Who knows what will happen if I don't keep an eye on her?

4 comments:

Dr. Misha Meepenstein said...

You should have called. I would have done a house call...and brought some cheese.

The Brat Pack said...

Oh no, glad she's ok even though she's bruised up a little. You're still being fed, right? That's the most important thing.

Sloppy Kisses,
The Brat Pack

The Brat Pack said...

Just checking in to see how your Mom is. :)

The Brat Pack

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Dakota,

Hope your mum is feeling better by now - give her a lick from me :-)

Love
Opy