Sunday, February 25, 2007

Winter Wonderland

Another 4 inches of snow (that's about a quarter of a Husky leg) fell in the Catoctin Mountains today. Snow. Not the ice stuff we had a couple of weeks ago. Snow. Where you could make yourself a little bed and lay in. Snow. Where you could dig and find the ground and track the rabbit under the shed or the squirrel that has taken up residence in the Leland Cyprus trees in the back yard. Snow. Where, once you came in because SOMEONE promised you cheese, you could lay at the door of your room (I don't think I ever blogged about my room. I'll have to do that.) and watch lots and lots of birds at the feeder. Red birds. Really red birds. Big gray birds that coo instead of woo. Little brown birds that seem happy. Snow.
Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow.
I don't know how else to say it.

Now, lets talk about that squirrel. According to The Mom, who has lived here for 13 and a half years (however long that is), this is the first time she's seen a squirrel in the neighborhood. All I know is that it smells different, and it can jump from tree to tree! It doesn't fly - it jumps! I can't climb trees, something that I learned the hard way over the past couple of days, but if I could that squirrel would be history (um, well, probably breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack).

It's been a good day and I am sort of sleepy. I believe that I'll nap, then get The Mom up so we can check out the snow sometime tonight.

1 comment:

The Brat Pack said...

Hi!
Thanks for visiting our blog, we love reading yours!

You are SO lucky to be having snow! Post pics for us poor Huskies stuck in balmy Texas!

Thrawn from The Brat Pack