Saturday, July 28, 2007

The dog days of July

Hello everypup, husky, girl-girl and loyal readers.

So much has gone on the past several days, I'm not sure where to begin.



I guess I'll start with Bandit. Many days ago, he wasn't feeling well. He was napping, I was leaving him alone, then I heard him in trouble - he was having a seizure. It was Bandit's first seizure, and I felt that as a sort of expert (I've had seizures my self), I needed to be with him. Bandit's momma didn't think that was a good idea, so I got locked in The Mom's bedroom and had to listen to everything. Bandit was OK - he bonked himself in the eye with an end table and had a swollen eye for a few days - but there were no other lingering affects with the seizure. Now they have to 'watch him'. He has not had any further seizures, and he has told me that he's feeling better. His eye is better too. Not that a black Lab can have a black eye.



Oh, and Chip has gone back to his people. We had a good time while he was here, although The Mom did not get as much time to work on his manners as she had hoped. We have pictures, but after a brief bit of hope where The Mom thought she had found the cord from the camera to the computer, they are still locked in the digital camera. Hey, as I have mentioned before, I had absolutely nothing to do with the disappearance of the cord.



Then, The Mom took out the box she uses when she goes away. I was not happy about this, but she mentioned taking one of the Kids and Jacki. Jacki is this nice lady that comes once a year or so and brings us LOTS of treats, so I decided that a visit would be a good time. I was not allowed to go - some place called a hotel did not allow pets. Why they would go to this place I have no idea. So, there's pictures of that too, but you won't see them either. Now, she did bring home some shells and rocks to sniff, and this really cool redhead Sibe stuffy that is not for me. Bandit and I stayed with his momma.



Then yesterday, The Mom left again! She wasn't gone long this time, but she went to spend time with one of the Kids on their birthday! Now, I know that birthday usually means we get cake and ice cream - but none, absolutely none of that was mentioned or seen. I was not happy. They apparently went to a movie and then had ice cream at some place.



The Mom is home now, curled up with a bit of a tummy issue. Serves her right for not saving me some of the cake and ice cream.



I know that I've been tagged to do some lists and stuff. I'll give those some thought and get them posted later this weekend. I plan on hogging the computer to follow Meeshka's Blogathon. Not only do I want to support our Husky Queen, but I have an additional interest in the outcome of this one..........



As many of you heard, in addition to all the whirlwind excitement I've detailed here, The Mom found time to contact some people at Harnessed to Hope to see if she could ADOPT little Xia. I hear that our adoption application has been approved, and that if Xia's foster family doesn't adopt this sweet little girl, she may be coming to live here. While I think I'll be an excellent older sister and a spectacular Husky role model, there will be another Husky in the house. I must admit some concern about her horning in on my belly rub time. But, as an added bonus, as part of the adoption process, I'll get to meet Indy!!!! I'm very excited about meeting this handsome traveling guy. Meeshka is blogging to raise money for Harnessed to Hope, and the money will be used to pay for Xia's (and other needy northern breeds) medical expenses. Thank you, Meeshka, for your philanthropy and efforts. The Mom thanks you too!

1 comment:

The Brat Pack said...

Hey there

I'm sorry to hear Bandit is having seizures. I guess he's joining our illustrious Seizure Club, huh? That stinks.

We can't have any more "Chips" cause they never leave. That's why there are five of us you know.

I've been thinking about you adopting Xia and we hope it works out. How long till you know?? What I think is REALLY cool is you get to meet Indy. He totally rocks.

Anyway, I'm talking too much. Glad to hear from you again though.

Thrawn