Sunday, July 15, 2007

If I Could Put Time In A Bottle

My good friend MayaMarie asked me to spend some time thinking about what five things I would put in something called a time capsule.

I will admit that I had no idea what a time capsule was, so I asked The Mom. She told me that it was a container that people usually bury and then dig up many years from now to look at the stuff that was buried. Well, I don't know about looking at the stuff, but I'm all about the burying, so here goes:

1. Some music by Jimmy Buffett. I know, but I'm very fond of Buffett. I've been known to calm down and ride quietly in the car with some Buffett tunes - 'Cheeseburger In Paradise' comes to mind.

2. A stuffie Husky. So the future can see just how spectacular we are. Oh, and it has to squeak.

3. Chicken yummies. These tasty little treats are dried chicken and they are the most delectable doggie treats you can imagine.

4. My blankie. My Nana made me a blankie with yarn and a crochet needle. Every pup should have their own personal blankie. Well, maybe my Nana could make another one to put in the time capsule, because I am not ready to part with mine.

5. A picture of me and The Mom. OK, sort of sappy, I know. But I would want the people in the future to see how much I love The Mom and The Mom loves me.

I'm going to add one more thing. I know MayaMarie only asked for five, but................


6. Copies of the blogs of all my wonderful friends (like MayaMarie) so that everyone knows just how much fun we're having as Dogs With Blogs.

5 comments:

Sasha said...

Some good choices, but I think you need to add more food in there!

The Husky in the Window said...

You added some good stuff to the capsule. We are gonna need a really big one for all this. Holly's including her sofa.
I'm glad you thought about music. Can we see a picture of you with you blankie? And I like No. 6, that's a good idea.
MayaMarie

Amici said...

We liked the Jimmy Buffett choice in the time capsule. Relaxing, fun music....WAHOO!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am glad you remembered Jimmy!
Hugs,
Sitka

The Husky in the Window said...

Hi Dakoata. Mom gave us back the molecule today, so I'm gonna see if Missy will play again.
Our vents are in the ceiling, so you have to find the right spot on the cermaic floor wher the cool blows on you. It must be nice to have a vent on the floor to lay by.

Hope you'all keep cool. I got ice cubes in my water dish and had a blast.
MayaMarie