I haven't done much blogging lately, and I thought you would all like to know why........ and this time, it's not my fault!
About a month ago, The Mom decided that it was time for some fall cleaning. Now, I don't know if you all have this problem with your humans or not, but every now and then, The Mom decides that it's time to make everything smell 'clean' and picks up all of our fur and other hidden delights.
This time, she decided that she would clean the office and replace her desk.
Well, it's about time on that last one. The old desk? Just barely big enough to hold the laptop. And not even close to big enough for a Husky to curl up under. I had much difficulty with the last HULA assignment, because it's not like I could curl up under the desk and switch the wires so...... well, it was a covert assignment so I'd better stop woooing about it.
Where was I? Oh yes, it was piled, PILED, with stuff. All sorts of human stuff.
Here's a list of what she's found so far:
* The all important tag that identifies me as an up to date member in the anti-rabies club. It should have been part of my collar MONTHS ago.
* The Harnessed to Hope volunteer application. Complete with a human paper that's almost like money, except this one was too old to become money.
* A very nice piece of newspaper about a place near Deep Creek Lake called Husky Power Dogsledding. I read the article while she was still digging in to the mountain of stuff on her desk. It looks like a nice place to visit, particularly if you like SNOW! Sheesh.
* In the same newspaper, another nice article about winter in Ocean City. Hey - I am a Maryland dog, through and through!
* One of those plastic cards that is also like human money. Although this one was so old that it can't be used.
* Those really cool Star Wars stamp things from a few months ago.
* Old paper. LOTS of it. The thing that chews up the paper has been making noise non stop.
* Her address book, so we can send Christmas cards to all the people she knows.
* The payment booklet for the car.
* Lots of pictures of ME!
* A card she bought to give to someone, but couldn't find it, and then had to buy another one. Too bad it's not some place cool, like White Pine!
I could go on and on.........
At any rate, once this all came off the desk, we spent an entire afternoon putting together a new desk. The Mom used two things to put all that paper in, and put an old door on top of it. A better use for a door than locking me out of the room, as far as I'm concerned. Yes, the new desk is big enough for a Husky to fit under, but no, I don't have a picture.
Guess who lost the USB cord...............again!
I'll close with an old picture, one of Bandit and I snow playing, one to celebrate the SNOW from Friday! It ended up being just a few flurries, but it was cold and windy, so I was very, very happy!