Friday, July 07, 2006

Outdoor activities

Dakota here, posting from the deck, as I am currently not allowed inside. I understand all great writers, Hemmingway, Stein, some dude called Gardner, all wrote using the great outdoors as their muse. Me, I'm just out by default. According to Mom, who was yelling very loudly a few weeks ago about all of this, the new carpet is being installed again.
Same two guys we sniffed out last time. New carpet though.
At any rate, the new carpet is just in time for us to welcome my cousin Chip for a few weeks.
Chip is a Cocker Spaniel, and he will be staying with us while his family goes somewhere. I'm not sure why Chip has to stay here, and I hope it does not take him long to realize that this is a Husky house and I am top dog.
I'll post a picture for my Husky friends to see as soon as I can. Right now, it's back to lounging on the deck - Mom put out the big shade thing and lots of water for us - until we can get in for the final carpet approval.

3 comments:

IndyPindy said...

Hi Dakota,

Since you are a Husky and you live in this area, would you mind posting a link to the Foster Dogs Blog? We are hoping this will get more attention for the rescue's foster dogs.

http://www.fosterdogsblog.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Indy

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

I bet you could open the door if you tried!

Dakota said...

I made every effort Turbo, I even talked Bandit in to helping. Mom put that bar thing over the door, so we had no chance. We did put a few good scratches in the deck to register our displeasure.