Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Just one more nap.....

Dakota here.......finally.
Yup, one more long sleep tonight, and tomorrow will be my birthday! I've been waiting for a long time. I'm not supposed to know, but I saw The Mom put a bag in the closet - it's got a fish squeaky toy and a new collar in it. I also sniffed out a birthday cake. Smells like banana to me. But, I'm getting off track here.

So, I haven't posted for a while. That's because The Mom packed up that ugly box on wheels and left me! Yup, she was gone. I watched her pull out. We slept without her two times, and then she came back. Not that we slept alone. When The Mom packs up that box on wheels, it means that my sister is coming! It's the older kid, the one that always shares her food and spends all the time on the computer when she's here. I tried to tell her that I needed to get on and update my husky friends, but she was having none of it. Something about planning for the week and tests for her kids. Now, I don't want to give anything away here, but if she has kids, The Mom doesn't know about it. She doesn't even have a dog where she lives. I'm not sure what she's talking about, but I do know that she comes here sometimes and smells like LOTS of different people. I also know that The Mom spends money on books about cold places for her to take to her 'classroom'. I also know, because she told me, that this place she goes to with these other people has something to do with huskies. And that I can't go and play with her kids.
At any rate, I am usually very irritated when The Mom goes away. Mostly because she doesn't take me! This time, she went to a place called Canada. She told me all about a big waterfall, and lots of cool weather!!! It sounds like a place I'd like to go. I was going to chew on the stuffed husky she brought back, then she opened another package and gave me the most delectable treat that a husky can imagine....... salmon jerky. I can't begin to tell you all how wonderful salmon jerky is. I'm hoping that she bought another package of it for me as a special birthday gift................

1 comment:

Macie-Malechai said...

Happy Birthday Dakota! Dang, cake & salmon jerky, lucky dog! We get salmon a couple times a week but not in jerky form, bet that's some TASTY stuff, hopefully there's another package just for your day!